• Archive for May 25th, 2008

    Twitter from space

    by  • 5/25/2008 • geek, science • 0 Comments

    I still don’t quite get twitter, but this is amusing… The Phoenix Lander has a twitter feed written in the first person. It would be so much more interesting if the messages were actually being sent from the lander itself, rather than some NASA geek in mission control, but I’ll try to suspend my disbelief […]

    Read more →

    Houston; The Phoenix Has Landed.

    by  • 5/25/2008 • science • 0 Comments

    PASADENA, Calif. NASA’s Phoenix Mars spacecraft appears to have made a safe landing on Mars. Just before 8 p.m. Eastern time, mission controllers at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory here received a radio signal from the Phoenix on the ground in the icy plains north of Mars’ Arctic circle. Because the signal was relayed […]

    Read more →

    Noise and Experimental Music

    by  • 5/25/2008 • insanity, music • 3 Comments

    I’ve been using this post, saved away in my drafts folder for a while, investigating artists and labels. The starting point was a list of companies that distributed or released a some Merzbow recordings, and it kind of grew from there. I decided I’d clean it up a bit and share it. If anyone’s thinking […]

    Read more →

    Advance Copies

    by  • 5/25/2008 • music, Vancouver • 0 Comments

    There’s just something about getting a CD before everyone else; hearing a CD months before the pointi n time that the band’s label decided to open the gates to the public. That is really 70% of the attraction that I have had to music journalism; the other 30% split between free concerts, photo passes and […]

    Read more →