The following is mostly just cribbed from a couple stores that are carrying the DVD…
After years of requests, Nardwuar the Human Serviette has finally entered the digital age with a compilation of over 60 of his favourite video interviews. Clocking in at over 5.5 hrs on 2 DVDs, “Doot Doola Doot Doo …. Doot Doo!” encompasses everything from former Soviet Leader Mikhail Gorbachev to Snoop Doggy Dogg to your mother!
These are not your average boring Q&A talking head interviews, but totally unique slices of fearless, stimulating, info-tainment!
Called a “national treasure” by Michael Moore, and even listed in B.C. Almanac’s Book of Greatest British Columbians alongside Emily Carr and Pamela Anderson, Nardwuar has been presenting his unique slant on life as radio host on CiTR Radio in Vancouver for over 19 years. He can also be seen on MuchMusic as a correspondent for “MuchonDemand” and “Going Coastal”. Plus he fronts two bands, The Evaporators and Thee Goblins, writes for numerous publications, and really loves cheese.
DVD Extras Include:
- Nard Raw: An entire bonus DVD full of unseen and unedited interview footage totaling 3 hrs! Better phone in sick for work tomorrow!
- Nardwuar vs. Nardwuar where Nardwuar himself gets interviewed! By Nardwuar! Will he get mad and storm out, or will he “get” himself?
- 16 page booklet with hardly any blank ones!
- Audio commentary-it’s like doubling your fun!
- Easter Eggs! Secret buttons reveal hidden treasures!
- A full video discography and live performances from The Evaporators and Thee Goblins!
Disc 1: Nard Wars I & II: 2 1/2 Hrs
Disc 2: Nard Raw: Unseen Bonus Footage: 3 Hrs
TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 5 1/2 hrs. Such a deal!
Please Note: This DVD does NOT include *any* music by any of the artists interviewed. Not even from Gorbachev.
It’s easy, and shockingly cheap…
$15.89 in Canada (will only ship to Canadian addresses)
$20.00 in the USA from Alternative Tentacles
Yeah, I don’t claim to understand it either, but it’s still cheap at US$20, and those are two totally different companies selling the discs.